Whether you want to become a doctor or a dancer, an accountant or an architect, the Miss South Dakota and Miss America Organizations have an opportunity that will help bring you closer to achieving your goals. To become Miss South Dakota and compete for the Miss America crown, a contestant must first win a local competition, a rewarding process that requiring personal commitment, hard work and talent. More than twelve thousand young women participate each year in the local and state events, culminating in the selection of 52 national finalists who vie for the Miss America title. Tens of thousands of volunteers organize the local and state preliminary competitions, promoting community involvement throughout the United States and furthering scholarship and achievement among young women in their communities.
Becoming a Contestant - Fast Facts:
To compete you must:
• Be between the ages of 17 and 24.
• Be a United States citizen.
• Meet residency requirements for competing in a certain town or state.
• Meet character criteria as set forth by the Miss America Organization.
• Be in reasonably good health to meet the job requirements.
• Be able to meet the time commitment and job responsibilities as set forth by the local program in which you compete.
If you are interested in receiving more information about becoming a contestant in the Miss South Dakota Scholarship Program, click the link below and answer a few questions. Someone will then contact you with more information about becoming a contestant in our system. The road to the Miss America competition begins in a town near you!
Have fun and be part of over $45 million in cash and scholarship awards given out by the Miss America Organization each year.